Friday, May 31, 2013

Let It not overburden you...




It is said that a man who was overburdened by worries went to a wise man and said, “I’ve come to you because I can’t find a solution or a way out of the problems I’m in.” The wise man said to him, “I will ask you two questions and I want you to answer them both.” The man said, “Ask.”
He said, “Did you come into this world with all these problems?”
He said, “No!”
He said, “Will you leave this world taking all these problems with you?”
He said, “No!”
He said, “A matter that you did not come with, nor will you leave with… it’s more appropriate that it need not take all this energy from you nor overburden you like this. Be patient over the matters of this world, and let your gaze towards the heavens be longer than your gaze towards the earth, and you will soon have what you wish for.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...