Saturday, December 18, 2010

Unquenchable Thirst.











“The sleepless nights I spend in learning the sciences, are more beloved to me than the company or caresses of an enchanting woman.

My rapturous exhilaration when understanding a difficult concept, is more delicious to me than the most exotic of drinks.



More delightful to me than the sounds of a woman’s hand on the drum, is that of my hands on my papers in order to remove dust.


O he who tries to attain my level by wishful thinking, how much difference there is between the one who finds the pain of climbing, to be too much and the one who climbs and reaches the summit.

 I toil through out the night, while you sleep in it, yet you hope to surpass me?”


‘Allama Zamakhshari, the famous commentator of The Qur’an.

1 comment:

aneebaba said...

Ma'sha'allah bro (yes, it's me!). Love the new quote at the top of the blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...